Monday, May 19, 2008

Well I have not posted this information yet, but my current job, the one that brought me back to Ca. is being out sourced and I will be out of a job shortly. At least out of the current job I have now. I am in the market for a new job so if anyone knows of any let me know.

We have a white board at work that we use to pass information on between shifts, mostly for status of ongoing projects that the next shift needs to be aware of, we also have a written turnover log that is to be checked on the computers. I am including a picture of this white board which has new information on it for everyone to see.

In the upper left hand corner where it says DHH that stands for Days Held Hostage. I'm not sure who came up with that number or from what date it starts, but I did hear it was suppose to be from the beginning of the year. The Days to go number is how many days we have left to work, or at least that is based on the last bit of information we got. However we do know that not everyone will be here to the end and we figure that is the end date for a few but most of us have less time than what the board shows. As you can see the on going project right now is a leaky air conditioner that we have a hose set up leading to a bucket, and every hour or so we have to go check the bucket and empty it as it fills up. Welcome to the world of Computer Operations! The graphics and word change are just the staff having fun. The Clock above the board lets us know what time it is in 3 out of the 4 time zones across the US and GMT, not that we need to know that time, perhaps it has something to do with our strategic partners in India, (That's what they call the contractors over seas. ) although it is not even close to their time as India is +5 hours of GMT so really it's probably just because someone thought it would be cool. Anyway so this is the big white board I face every time I go to work.

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

Bummer! I wish I knew of a great job here. Then you could be closer....