Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who is the gymnest

I went to Utah last week for a family emergency. My mother went into the hospital with blood clots in both her lungs and the little band aid station they call a hospital in Kanab had to send her to a larger hospital which brought her up to the Provo area. I was there staying with my brother and his family. One of the nights I was there after dinner Rachel was standing in the kitchen swinging between the island and the counter. She was swinging her legs up and back, so I told her to hold her self up and put her legs out straight in front of her. She tried but was unable to keep her legs up in the air straight in front. Adam also tried as well as little Sarah,(with some help from Rachel) then Matthew said he wanted to try. Well he propped himself up with his hands and swung his feet up and out in a perfect L shape holding his legs up and straight out. We all clapped and cheered for Matthew who just looked at us like what's that big deal that was easy. My brother said "I know who I am going to sign up for gymnastics" Here are some pictures of the kids.

4 comments:

The Hills... said...

Oh, I loved doing that when I was a kid. I wonder if I can still do it. Maybe I'll go try....

Rainee said...

lol that is great! I don't' think I can do what Matthew was able to do!

Karen said...

Wait, my dad still does that! (Although guaranteed he can't keep his legs straight out.)

biscky said...

Yes I think I have seen your dad do that in the kitchen, and boy do I wish I had a picture of it. It would have gone well with the kids pictures.