Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well it's been a wild few weeks for me, actually a wild year. I have posted before that shortly after moving back to Ca. for a job I found out that my job was being out sourced and I would be unemployed and with me just recently moved and signed a year lease for my apartment. That was back in March that they told us we would be losing our jobs shortly and yet here we are now in November and although the job that brought me to Ca. has not ended yet there is a light at the end of the tunnel. No 60 day notices have been given yet, at least not in my department but I was worried since I've been through this before 6 years ago and it took me almost a year and a half to find a full time job that time. And even then that job paid a lot less then my last full time job and I had to move it with an older lady to take care of her just so I had a place to live. Then I move back home with my parents, very depressing when your older than a teenager.
Anyway I have been really stressing over finding a new job before my old one ends and I end up on unemployment and with no job in sight. I have been search the Internet, going to job fairs and even used a fax out your resume website which was not producing much in the way of a new job. I finally applied to one particular company several times for different jobs and finally talked to a recruiter.
Long story short I got an interview and then 4 days later a second and was told they would call me on Friday just 3 days after the second round of interviews. So all day Friday I waited, and waited and waited, the call never came. I thought well I must not have got the job which put me into a depressed frame of mind. Around this time I also got an email from an old friend I hadn't seen in 10 years who was going to be in town on Saturday and wanted to know if we could meet up at the mall. I wanted to see her and so I agreed. Although Saturday I was still not feeling much like being around people and almost canceled but I ended up going anyway. Well I got to the mall and called her to find out where they were so I could join them. They had not gotten to the mall yet and she told her husband I would be calling any minute because I'm always on time or early and she is always late. So I talked with her a short time then found a seat to waited for their arrival. Keep in mind she lives near Modesto and I live in the Sacramento area.
While I was waiting I got a call from work, they told me the swing shift operator was sick and they needed me to come in early. I told them I would come in early but it would be about an hour before I got there. My friend finally arrived and although she had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with her pants, (that's another story in its self)we talked and laughed and had fun walking around the mall for the 45 minutes I had to spend with her. I was trying to be less moody and more fun and turned into goofy instead. Her kids liked me for who doesn't like a goof ball.
I went to work that night and worked 14 hours (usually I work 12 hours) and again had to go in early Sunday night to cover for the sick coworker, another 14 hour day later and it's Monday morning. I again have to go in early to work Monday night for another 14 1/2 hour day. I got a phone call which woke me up and it was the company I was waiting to hear from, with an offer of employment. So I went into work that night submitted my notice to them that I would be leaving. I will be starting my new job December 2nd. I just got the offer letter delivered express and will be filling out the paperwork and returning it tomorrow. So needless to say I am excited about what the future holds. What a relief to finally have the looking part over and now the new adventure of learning a new job and all that it entails.

No comments: