Thursday, July 22, 2010

WICKED in San Francisco!!!!



I was down talking with my friend Mark and his husband Wil a few months ago and we got on the subject of Wicked.  I told them I wanted to see it and Mark said they had seen it 3 times already and would love to go again.  Since it was playing in San Francisco he got online to see if he could get tickets for us to go and see it together.  He looked for tickets on a Tuesday since that was my day off and he was able to get us some great seats a little more than half way back in the orchestra seating area.  I took my binoculars just in case since I didn't know where we would be and if we would need them. We were in the middle of the theater!



 Our seats are the ones in blue in the center of this picture.  I know it's hard to see but I think you get the point that we had good seats.

We got seated and were just visiting until the play was to start.  I noticed the couple that came to sit in the row in front of us but didn't really pay much attention to them until the lights dimmed and the play was beginning.  That's when I realized all I could see was the back of the head of the man sitting in in front of me.  So for the first part of the play I spent my time moving back and forth trying to see around the giant head.
I felt bad for the person behind me because I was probably blocking them every time I moved my head. After intermission I decide I would lean forward and kind of to the side so I didn't have to keep moving.  I was basically looking over his left shoulder until he decided to lean to the left.  This was the first time all night he decided to do that and I think he knew I was leaning to see around him and he didn't like me breathing down his neck.  I almost wanted to flick him in the head and say "Look man either sit up and block my view straight up or lean to the left, make a choice because you're killing my view."  But I resisted and just moved back until he finally moved again and I was again looking at the back of his head.  Back to the lean to the left I went and he luckily didn't lean that way again.  However it was tough on my back to be leaning over and forward for so long but I enjoyed the show none the less.  If you get the change to see this play I would suggest you take the opportunity, I would so go see it again.

1 comment:

Michele McKee. said...

I love the musical Wicked! Scott and I saw it a few years ago in NY. It was so magical, we bought the CD and totally wore it out! Chase just took a tour and went to NY this past week, and he also saw Wicked. Even the teenager said that it was totally awesome! I'm so glad that you got to go, even though you had to contend with "the big head"!