Friday, July 04, 2008

On the 4th of July most people get together to celebrate the holiday with picnics and pool parties etc. I celebrated with my sister in laws family. My brother and his wife came to Ca. from Utah for her Grandpas 90th birthday which3rd. We will be having a party on Saturday July 5 for him. Because this is a big birthday for her Grandpa all of her siblings and their families have also come to the Sacramento area to celebrate with him. Since almost everyone was already in Sacramento on the 4th my sister in laws parents decided it would be fun to take the kids up to Rucker lake to swim and have a picnic for the day. Rucker lake is a camp owned by the LDS church used for girls camp and family camping. Curt my sister in laws father is in charge of the when I got out forcamp and with all the fires that are burning in the sierras right now they have not been able to use the camp for girls camp. So we all pilled into the cars and drove up to the camp for the day. Here are some picturestime after we had been there for a little while swimming and canoing. I didn't take many pictures as I was in the lake for most of the day and didn't have my camera with me, but these are a few that I did get which I took at our lunch break. I've also got some pictures from my niece who also took a lot of pictures of all the fun. Here is a picture of part of the lake.

This first one is of me and Curt out in one of the canoes paddling around the lake, then we get to the kids and boy did they have fun in the canoes. I am happy to say no one capsized any of the canoes.

Here some of the kids climbed up on a really big rock.

There is a guy that lives at the camp during the summer and during the winter he lives at another girls camp called Treasure Mountain. He has a really big dog call Magic (I think) which towered over some of the kids. He is a great dane, as you can see he is very friendly and really enjoyed the kids.

Well that was our adventure on the 4th of July. I hope you all had a good holiday.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Luann,

It was so nice to catch up on your blog. While we were in Asia I never really had an opportunity to look at other blogs (we'd use internet cafes and pay by the minute!). It looks like you had a good 4th of July. I love Rucker Lake. We used to go up there for Girl's Camp and I have a lot of great memories from that place.

Bummer about the fires and the smoke in CA. I heard this past week was super hot and smoky! Gas prices are also pretty depressing! Good thing it's about 40 cents cheaper here in AZ.

Anyways, thanks for the graduation shot out! Let's keep pushing the Hill's to post on their blog. We are missing them already! OH, and I love your car! When did you get it?